Sunday, March 13

Gattaca


When I started Gattaca yesterday, I only wanted to see a few random scenes, just to remind me the film. I did't know that it would absorb me completely. I didn't remember almost anything of it, except that it was a decent film. I was surprised when I suddenly realized that I loved it! I loved the narration (protagonist speaking in voice-over), loved the starting idea (genetic sorting), loved the acting (great work from the three main characters Ethan Hawke, Jude Law, Uma Thurman). A great emotional film, and one of the best endings!


Memorable quotes:
I'm sorry, the wind caught it... (Vincent)

My eyes are prettier. (Jerome)

For future reference, right handed men don't hold it with their left. [...] You're gonna miss your flight Vincent. (Dr. Lamar)

For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home. (Vincent voice-over)
See also: Gattaca ending (YouTube)

Score: 8.1/10

No comments:

Post a Comment